My e-bike battery is not charging. What should I do?Updated a year ago
If your battery fails to charge, the issue could either be with your charger or with the battery itself. Follow these troubleshooting steps better assess the issue at hand.
First, check to make sure the charger is operating properly. The specs and operation of your charger can be found in your manual in the Battery Charging and Maintenance section.
If the charger is not operating correctly, try using a different outlet.
If your charger is still NOT working:
- Contact customer support at [email protected] to check if you are still under warranty. If you are, we will ship you a free replacement.
- If your warranty has expired, you can purchase a new charger here.
- If the charger you need is not available online, please contact Customer Support and they can assist in facilitating an order for you.
We recommend using a voltage meter to test if the battery is in good health. If the voltage reads below the voltage of your battery, this is an indicator that the battery is dead.
If you do not have access to a voltage meter, contact a local Magnum dealer or bring the battery to a local mechanic shop to have it tested.
If your battery is dead:
- Contact customer support at [email protected] to check if you are still under warranty. If you are we will ship you a free replacement.
- If your warranty has expired you can purchase a new battery here.
- If the battery you need is not available online, please and they can assist in facilitating an order for you.
If your charger and battery indicate good health: